Senior Software Engineer (SLC or Remote - US)
PDQ.com is a software company in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City. Our goal at PDQ.com is to make the lives of system administrators easier – and makes them look good.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software
- Manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Work with customers or departments on technical issues including software outages, security risks, maintenance, deployment, customer support tickets
- Collaborate with UX designers to improve fit-for-purpose of products
- Mentor other software engineers
- Refine development deployment pipelines, deployments, and processes to ensure reliability and efficiency
- Learn other programming languages and frameworks as needed for project research
- Identify, examine, demonstrate, and teach new technologies to the rest of the department
- Monitor source control activities and engineering metrics for continuous improvement
- Conduct independent research or prototype efforts with little oversight
- Participation in relevant domain and technical guilds to align development across multiple cross-functional engineering teams
- Work with continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) tools as necessary for building current project work
- Moderate open source repositories, merge requests, and communities
- Bachelor's degree in CS, a related degree, or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience working on a variety of software development projects, personal or professional
- Agile development experience
- Strong analytic, technical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in software development using any of the following languages: C#, Elixir, Typescript, Rust, Ruby, Go
- Deep understanding of any of the following frameworks: React, ASP.NET Core, Phoenix LiveView, Ruby on Rails, WPF
- Experience with SQL, no-SQL, and experience managing database migrations
- Experience building / consuming APIs and services using REST, etc.
- Experience with communication frameworks such as SignalR or gRPC
- Knowledge of Git and Git flow version control
- Defensive security strategies for both client and server-side web systems
- Strong ability to create architecture diagrams, specifications, and other analysis from user requirements
- Experience with containerization creation, use, and deployment strategies
- Expert debugging skills and pragmatic design experience
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks
- Ability to read code and ask questions to quickly understand an unfamiliar codebase
- Ability to understand a problem space and make code changes safely
- Master’s degree in CS, Engineering or relevant field
- 8+ years of experience working on a variety of software development projects, personal or professional
- Ability to work with, modify, and improve CI/CD automation technologies like Jenkins, CodeFresh, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Experience with Application Performance Monitoring (APM) and performance tuning
- Experience engaging with open source projects and communities
PDQ.com has been recognized as one of “Utah's Best Places to Work,” by Utah Business Magazine. We offer amazing perks and benefits like a four day work week, 6% match to your 401k, and all of your benefits premiums paid for you and your family, and much much more.
PDQ.com is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.