Administrate is a training management platform used by hundreds of companies around the world to plan, design, deliver, and measure learning and development for their employees and customers. Our mission is to provide an industry-leading platform that enables enterprises to run their training function more efficiently and effectively so that they can focus more on connecting with people than administering programs.
Our platform has evolved a lot in recent years, taking us up market, squarely into the enterprise tech space. We’re delighted with the success we’ve experienced so far, and we enjoy working together. Our headquarters are in Edinburgh, Scotland's capital city. We also have bases in Lebanon, USA and Ireland as well as other team members working remotely around the world.
It's our dream at Administrate to be the Ultimate Human Organization. We might build software, but that's not the only area where we add value to our customers; our people are what make us and our customers successful. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because we believe it makes our company stronger. If you share our values we'd love to hear from you.
Who You Are
You are a passionate leader who thrives on empowering people to do their best work. You believe that the best teams are greater than the sum of their parts. You love to partner with and learn from others and appreciate diverse opinions and skill sets.
You are always looking to improve, striving to do better and to be faster. You find creative solutions but you also value standards and reuse. You care about the user experience and you sweat the details, always with pragmatism and always moving forward. You're striving for perfection, but grounded in reality.
You're honest to a fault. You appreciate feedback. You respectfully speak your mind.
You love to work with great people and understand that small teams, dynamic companies and flexible working environments are unparalleled.
What You'll Do
You will be a leader in our Engineering organization, driving transformational change across the department. You will contribute to making us a world class product delivery team through a relentless pursuit of continuous improvement and engineering excellence.
You will have autonomy and ownership within your product domain and will lead the team in the design and timely delivery of features that help our customers and learners all over the world. You will own the stability and quality of your area.
You will contribute to the mission and vision for your product domain and you will partner with the Product Manager to ensure that our solutions are meeting the needs of our customers and are being built in a robust and scalable manner.
You will be responsible for:
- Line management and career development for a number of teams.
- Creation and elaboration of professional development and succession plans for the engineering team.
- The timely and quality delivery of technical projects and product features.
- Representing your team to an internal and external audience, ensuring alignment of expectations and clear communication of priority and status.
- Evangelizing and implementing engineering best practices, contributing to the growth of your team and the engineering organization.
- Collaborating closely with Product Management and Architecture to ensure that the vision for our product is understood within our team and implemented in the most efficient and pragmatic way.
- Communicating directly and effectively with customers where required. Bringing the voice of the customer and the user back to the engineering team.
- Working with the Technical Project Manager to build a holistic roadmap and plan that enables the business and our customers to plan with confidence.
What You'll Need
- Ability to make quick decisions and a demonstrable fail fast attitude.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to give constructive and direct feedback.
- Whilst the role does not involve day to day coding, the successful candidate will have an excellent understanding of modern technologies and patterns as well as the ability to participate in code reviews, technical examinations and troubleshooting.
- Ability to work with autonomy and to turn high level direction into action, cascading appropriately and driving positive transformation.
- Expert level knowledge of Agile project management tools such as Jira, Confluence, Burnups, Burndowns, etc.
- Experience leading and directly managing teams of software engineers.
- Experience with developing and running a SaaS platform.
- Proven ability to collaborate with stakeholders outside of engineering.
- Agile experience, including practical experience with different methodologies and tools such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean
- Experience with Python3, Typescript, React, GraphQL, Docker and AWS is desirable but not essential.
What You'll Get
- Enjoy working as part of a talented team where everyone’s input is valued
- An unrivaled work/life balance – you work a 4-day, 32-hour, week but get paid for 5 days!
- 29 days holiday per year (based on a 4-day week)
- Great tools – MacBook, 27” monitor, mechanical keyboard etc
- Flexible working schedule
- Retirement savings
- Life assurance of 4 times salary
- Health insurance, including vision and dental
- Entirely private and confidential access to our resident therapist