Senior QA Automation Engineer (Open to Remote)
Note: You have the option to go 100% remote OR if you prefer, you could work out of our Kitchener or Toronto offices once we are safe to open.
It's our time to scale. It's your time to be part of something big.
Tulip's mission is bold. We're a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years. We are driven to disrupt an entire industry and enable one of the world's largest job markets.
Tulip has built a retail mobile software platform that empowers leading retailers such as Mulberry, Chanel, Saks Fifth Avenue, Kate Spade, Coach, and Michael Kors to give mobile devices to their store associates so they can elevate service, sell more and provide a personalized experience.
Tulip is a place you come to make an impact, working with like-minded people to build something meaningful using the best technology. We are growing, and while lean is great, we need more people, energy, innovation and talent.
Right now, we are adding a Senior QA Automation Engineer who would be responsible to conduct functional and integration testing for our key retail high end luxury clients in terms of reliability, stability and compatibility with external systems. You would be the testing expert defining and applying innovative test strategies and test approaches to improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of testing.
What you will do:
- Support and drive Tulip’s mobile and cloud automation infrastructure by designing and executing automation scripts using various frameworks for web and iOS
- Conduct manual testing (< 20%) for modules not automated
- Build and maintain QA environments for manual and automation
- Maintain and expand test automation suite
- Accurate and timely reporting of test automation progress, risks & issues
- Responsible for maintaining the appium framework by building functions needed for automating test scripting
- Define and maintain an Automation Backlog list for all the different products
- Responsible for regression testing for each release and for keeping the regression test suite up to date
- Become a product expert in our platform to ensure the automated tests and framework align with our delivery methodology
- Meaningfully contribute to test strategies, test automation, performance benchmarking, internationalization testing and threat modeling.
- Support to drive practices to build in quality by leading cultural change across peers, teams, and partners; lead whole team quality ownership resulting in sustainable development and releases of high quality experiences.
- Guide and support the product integrity through strong partnerships with the Development, Delivery and Customer Success team
What you bring:
- 6+ years relevant QA experience with minimum 4 years of hands-on automation experience
- Experience writing automated tests with traditional tools and frameworks such as Selenium, Cucumber
- Experience with UI, Cross browser and responsiveness testing
- Skilled at REST API automation using PHP
- Experience with Postman is an Asset
- Experience with continuous delivery
- Good communication skills; written and oral
- Good understanding of software quality test practices and methodologies
- Independent, fast-learning, self-starter who takes ownership helps solve complex problems
- Excited about BDD, automated deployment, fixing bugs and shipping code
- Familiarity with Appium, GitLab, GitHub, Python, Jenkins, REST, ODATA tools a plus
Tulip has perks, career progress, and an intimate culture. We have:
- An excellent healthcare plan with no wait time, paid parental leave, and corporate gym rates.
- A culture of openness and idea generation. We have weekly all-hands and quarterly town halls. We pride ourselves on our transparency and keeping it real. From the most senior to the newest team member, we give you access to decision makers and career building work.
- The opportunity to grow and apply new skills be it hands-on or leadership. We prioritize diversity, inclusion, and building a community. We're a little weird but in a good way.
Why we are awesome.
Tulip is hungry and humble. When you join Tulip, you'll be part of a strong, thriving, diverse group of people who come from different disciplines, countries, and experiences. We do what we love and it shows in our unrelenting pursuit of affecting real change. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like our craft.
Tulip is at the cutting edge of technology. We work with big-name retailers. It's a chance to step up to solving complex technical problems and develop a deeper understanding of the retail world while being part of a niche startup style company. We don't fear failure; we embrace challenges. We're excited about taking the lesser known paths, using the open source tools and keeping up with the pace of evolving tech solutions. It's fun, it's fast, and it's future-focused.
Tulip gives back. Inspired, passionate, and committed people helped make us the successful company we are today. We challenge norms and put people before profits. Our CEO, Ali Asaria, created The Tulip Foundation, a charity controlled by all of us, the employees. We believe we can build a great company that changes the technical space while simultaneously giving back to society and the community.
Feel like you can't tick all the boxes? If you have some of the skills and experience that we're looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.
Tulip Retail is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip Retail.
Tulip Retail welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.