Lead Game Developer
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per year
Start Date: ASAP
We are on the hunt for talented and motivated creatives to play a major role in the creation and development of our games and shape the future of our studio.
As our Lead Game Developer, you will head up the team of developers for our flagship game Breezy Bay, and report to our Technical Director.
As a member of the Talewind team you care about the little details that make all the difference, shaping the games we create and bringing joy to our players. You love collaborating with others and articulate your ideas and solutions effectively. You are proactive and curious, with a drive to better not only the studio and our working practices but also the world around us.
Your day to day will look like:
Leading a team building features on Roblox using Luau and the Roblox API
Architecting the project and determining the technical approaches to best continually expand Breezy Bay into the future
Releasing frequent, stable updates in a live ops environment once the game is live.
Maintaining a healthy codebase and game by prioritising the project’s bugs and minimising its technical debt
Collaborating with and supporting the wider team with all technical processes for Breezy Bay.
Championing your team’s growth and cultivating an environment of open communication, cooperation and teamwork
We think you'll do great if you have:
- Worked as a Lead Developer in the games industry, having delivered the full development cycle for at least 2 titles
- Experience developing for mobile, multiplayer and live ops
- Extensive programming knowledge and a propensity to solving problems
- A keen understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies
- A positive attitude with the ability to engage and motivate teams
Nice to have:
- Experience developing for Roblox
- Experience working in a remote team
- 4 day working week, Monday to Thursday, Friday is yours!
- Fully remote, but you will need to be UK based!
- In person quarterly team socials
- We’re a small team with big dreams. Every single employee will have a direct impact on the way we run our company and the games that we make
- Enrolment in our EMI share option scheme, every employee owns a stake in our success
Building a studio for the future
At Talewind we are committed to promoting and building an inclusive studio. We want and celebrate diversity within our team - difference makes us and the games we make better.
We strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds regardless of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, gender, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation to apply for any of our vacancies.
Come work with us!