Security Software Developer (SLC or Remote - US)
PDQ.com is a software company in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City. Our goal at PDQ.com is to make the lives of system administrators easier – and makes them look good.
- Analyze existing cloud infrastructures for security enhancement opportunities
- Create new and enhanced security methods for cloud-based environments
- Collaborate with various teams on information security controls related to cloud computing
- Provide feedback surrounding best practices and influence the overall implementation of secure cloud architecture, with help from various team members
- Provide Incident Response support regarding security-related incidents
- Configure and maintain audit logging and other logging to SEIM solution
- Analyze, design, develop, and operate programs, shell scripts, tests, and infrastructure automation capabilities in an advanced cloud security context
- Create and maintain scripted automation to ensure cloud resources follow and enforce security recommendations
- Stay current on cloud infrastructure, security, best practices, threats, standards, and trends
- Familiarity with common programming languages such as: C#, Rust, Elixir, etc.
- 3+ years experience with security in a cloud context (GCP, Azure, AWS, etc)
- 3+ years experience with software security and secure coding (ideally with SaaS security experience)
- Experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform, etc)
- Experience with networking and network protocols
- Experience with scripting and/or development in a security context
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with CI/CD automation (Codefresh experience a plus) [and associated toolsets]
- Experience with containers and orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Communication, collaboration, presentation, and leadership skills
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Prioritization and ability to manage several tasks
- Analytical, problem-solving skills and attention to details
- Ability to adapt and perform in stressful situations
- Preferred familiarity with Agile processes and principles
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
PDQ.com has been recognized as one of “Utah's Best Places to Work,” by Utah Business Magazine. We offer amazing perks and benefits like a four day work week, 6% match to your 401k, and all of your benefits premiums paid for you and your family, and much much more.
PDQ.com is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.