Senior Software Engineer, Back End
Locations: US Remote, United States of America
Part-time Senior Software Engineer, Back End (Remote)
Note: This is a professional-level position. Students and recent graduates please check out our Student Programs.
Do you love building and pioneering in the technology space, while solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive, and iterative delivery environment? If so, you’ll love the work we’re doing at Capital One. Here, you'll be part of a big team of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who solve real problems to meet real customer needs. We are seeking Software Engineers who are passionate about marrying data with emerging technologies.
The traditional 40-hour work week might not work for everyone so Capital One’s Technology organization is rethinking how work gets done.
As a Part-time Software Engineer at Capital One, you’ll be part of an innovative new program that aims to grow our diverse and inclusive workforce by increasing part-time employment opportunities.
Part-time Program Associates will work with their managers to determine a schedule that best meets the team’s and the individual’s needs and that falls within 20 - 32 hours per week. On occasion, support for an off hours implementation rollout and/or issues resolution may be required with advanced notice provided.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions in full-stack development tools and technologies
- Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal and external technology communities, mentoring other members of the engineering community
- Collaborate with digital product managers, and deliver robust cloud-based solutions that drive powerful experiences to help millions of Americans achieve financial empowerment
- Utilize programming languages like Java, Python, SQL, Node, Go, and Scala, Open Source RDBMS and NoSQL databases, Container Orchestration services including Docker and Kubernetes, and a variety of AWS tools and services
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 4 years of experience in software engineering
- Master's Degree
- 2+ years of experience in Agile practices
- 1+ years of experience with AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure, or another cloud service
- 2+ years of experience working with big data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Presto)
- 2+ years of experience working on streaming data applications (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis, Flink, or Spark Streaming)
- 4+ years of experience in open source frameworks
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City: $156,596 - $184,748 for Senior Software Engineer
Location is San Francisco, California: $165,896 - $195,720 for Senior Software Engineer
Remote roles in other areas of New York & California, and across Colorado & Washington: $132,699 - $156,555 for Senior Software Engineer
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate’s offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at theCapital One Careers website. Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.