Development Database Assistant
Planned Parenthood of Southern New England
Care. No Matter What.
We are Planned Parenthood of Southern New England, one of the region’s largest and most trusted providers of reproductive health care. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide, the outstanding sexual health education we deliver, and our strong commitment to social justice. Working for Planned Parenthood is more than a job; it’s being a part of a powerful movement. Together, we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights for all people.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
In support of Planned Parenthood of Southern New England’s mission, the Development Database Assistant ensures timely and accurate gift processing entry, and acknowledgement for the Development team. This is a critical role on the team that requires exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, discretion with confidential information, and flexibility to take on special projects. The Development Database Assistant is the first contact for many donors, so a professional, and highly customer-focused demeanor is necessary. They are also responsible for continuous donor stewardship at all levels. The Assistant supports the Development officers’ data needs to achieve immediate and long-term fundraising goals and strategizes and coordinates outreach with the Development Systems Manager to support the growth of the PPSNE donor-base.
This position requires working on site regularly each week, with some remote work flexibility contingent on future remote work policies. While the role supports the entirety of the Development department, this position reports to the Development Systems Manager.
Process and acknowledgment incoming gifts
- Sort and distribute incoming cash receipts daily.
- Process and enter cash, check, credit card, online and recurring fundraising gifts and pledges daily accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Open and organize incoming mail according to procedure when needed.
- Pull, edit and mail gift acknowledgments within the timeframe outlined in agency policies. Obtain appropriate staff signatures or add personal notes as needed. Acknowledge recurring gifts on an annual basis.
- Proactively notify appropriate Development officers regarding unexpected contributions and increases and coordinate on appropriate acknowledgements
- Generate pledge reminders and partner with development staff to facilitate pledge payments.
- Facilitates strict adherence to department database policies and procedures.
- Maintains department databases and files internally and externally, including gift documentation and reporting requirements to PPFA and other outside agencies.
- File hard copies of gift and donor information, create and organize files as needed.
- Assist in annual audit of Development documentation
Donor relations and management of database updates
- Process all returned mail and donor communication preference updates. Partners with national office to manage local and national donor communication requests.
- First point of contact for many donors. Maintains donor email and phone in a courteous and professional manner.
- Assist with word processing and mailings for special events and grant paperwork.
- Assist with online fundraising efforts such as online Give Days, social media fundraising, and assistance with virtual and in-person events as needed.
- Manage monthly reporting requirements with the Finance office.
General office management:
- Monitor and maintain inventory of mailing and general office supplies (stamps, file folders, envelopes, labels, etc.)
- Recruit, coordinate, and supervise Development office volunteers
- Assists in large scale mailings including printing, stuffing and mailing.
THE KEY REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to work out of our administrative office in New Haven, CT
- Passionate commitment to the mission, vision, and values of PPSNE.
- Must have excellent administrative skills including organization, phone etiquette and culturally sensitive customer service skills.
- Interested in expanding your analysis and knowledge about the role that racial inequity plays in our society, and are committed to building and/or deepening your commitment to racial equity in your work
- s aware of multiple group identities and their dynamics, and brings a high level of self-awareness, empathy, and humility to interpersonal interactions.
- Interacts effectively and builds trust with a diversity of people and have demonstrated an ability to effectively work across difference. Communicates clearly and directly, continually able to hear, reflect, and act on feedback related identity and equity with the aim to learn.
- Time management skills and attention to detail are essential.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication skills (verbal and written).
- Demonstrated commitment and passion for equity and inclusion.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Office 365
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; but not required.
- Minimum of 1-year experience working in databases or comparable work
- Customer service skills preferred.
- Organized with superb attention to detail
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and donors.
- Ability to quickly learn new procedures.
- Strong time-management and prioritization skills
- Ability to learn new policies and procedures, and how they function within a complex database
- Accessible and flexible
- Ability to work independently
- Apply your passion for organizing information and providing administrative support to advance a mission you love
- Work with a dedicated and supportive team with remote work flexibility and possibility of four-day work week.
Hourly Pay Range: Min $15.87 Mid $19.84 Max $24.80*
*Due to our commitment to equity and fairness PPSNE does not negotiate salaries.
Please include cover letter, resume and answer the general pre-screen questions in order to be considered for this opportunity. PPSNE is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace that values diversity and inclusion and reflects the diversity of our communities and patients. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ community to apply.
PPSNE offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes; Health, dental and vision insurance, retirement savings, paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, a flexible spending account, wellness program and more.