Senior QA Engineer (Open to Remote)
Note: You have the option to go 100% remote OR if you prefer, you could work out of our Kitchener or Toronto offices once offices open up
It's our time to scale. It's your time to be part of something big.
Tulip's mission is bold. We're a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years. We are driven to disrupt an entire industry and enable one of the world's largest job markets.
Tulip has built a retail mobile software platform that empowers leading retailers such as Mulberry, Chanel, Saks Fifth Avenue, Kate Spade, Coach, and Michael Kors to give mobile devices to their store associates so they can elevate service, sell more and provide a personalized experience.
Tulip is a place you come to make an impact, working with like-minded people to build something meaningful using the best technology. We are growing, and while lean is great, we need more people, energy, innovation and talent.
Right now, we are adding a Senior QA Engineer to the Quality Assurance team. The Senior QA Engineer will have extensive experience with various testing strategies, tools and methodologies. A top-notch Senior QA Engineer ensures the smooth execution of QA practices across multiple projects and ultimately ensures customer satisfaction.
What you will do:
- Hands-on with test design, test execution and defect logging
- Design exhaustive functional, end-to-end and integration test cases from user stories and other technical specification
- Participate and/or lead defect triage meetings with development and product management
- Test the underlying API web services using test harnesses
- Participate in planning and scoping sessions; providing test effort estimates
- Implements testing procedures and overseeing the QA process
- Follows established testing processes, in doing so, identifies, assesses, addresses, resolves and/or escalates, develops contingency plans as needed.
- Applies risk analysis methodologies that align with project development approach
- Coordinates, work closely and is hands-on with the in-house automation team to automate test cases
- Manages and maintains test data, test environments and test artifacts
- Conducts sprint demos as needed
- Closely works with product delivery teams to ensure successful enablement of new features released from the product
- Monitors and reviews client reported defects while collaborating with various stakeholders
- Ensures the successful deployment of builds to various test environments
What you bring:
- 6+ years of relevant professional experience testing web based and mobile applications
- Experience working in Agile methodology
- Experience working with professional services and client facing teams
- Extensive experience in writing test cases from user stories, use cases, requirements and other technical documents
- Qualified at performing functional and integration (manual) testing with multi-tiered application environments
- Efficient in developing test plans and strategies and can lead test execution activities for projects of moderate to high complexity
- Hands-on experience testing APIs with XML and JSON payloads using postman or any other web services testing tool
- Experience working with either of the test management tools such as Jira, VSTS, and TFS
- Experience creating regression test suites based upon the project scope and deliverables
- Experience on database using SQL, Mysql, Oracle or any other DB Services
- Experience testing in retail industry
- Exposure to iOS automation
- Experience working in CI/CD in any cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Oracle or Azure)
Tulip has perks, career progress, and an intimate culture. We have:
- An excellent healthcare plan with no wait time, paid parental leave, and corporate gym rates.
- A culture of openness and idea generation. We have weekly all-hands and quarterly town halls. We pride ourselves on our transparency and keeping it real. From the most senior to the newest team member, we give you access to decision makers and career building work.
- The opportunity to grow and apply new skills be it hands-on or leadership. We prioritize diversity, inclusion, and building a community. We're a little weird but in a good way.
Why we are awesome.
Tulip is hungry and humble. When you join Tulip, you'll be part of a strong, thriving, diverse group of people who come from different disciplines, countries, and experiences. We do what we love and it shows in our unrelenting pursuit of affecting real change. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like our craft.
Tulip is at the cutting edge of technology. We work with big-name retailers. It's a chance to step up to solving complex technical problems and develop a deeper understanding of the retail world while being part of a niche startup style company. We don't fear failure; we embrace challenges. We're excited about taking the lesser known paths, using the open source tools and keeping up with the pace of evolving tech solutions. It's fun, it's fast, and it's future-focused.
Tulip gives back. Inspired, passionate, and committed people helped make us the successful company we are today. We challenge norms and put people before profits. Our CEO, Ali Asaria, created The Tulip Foundation, a charity controlled by all of us, the employees. We believe we can build a great company that changes the technical space while simultaneously giving back to society and the community.
Feel like you can't tick all the boxes? If you have some of the skills and experience that we're looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.
Tulip Retail is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip Retail.
Tulip Retail welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.