InDebted is changing the way organisations recover outstanding accounts by combining human values with compelling messaging and data-driven decisions. We do this to deliver on our mission to be the preferred choice of customers to support their debt free journey, everywhere.
We are a fast-growing startup that believes in putting our customers first, tackling tough problems head-on, and simply trusting our employees to get stuff done. We offer a four day work week, flexible schedules, unlimited paid leave, competitive salaries, stock options, and other perks that come with being a remote-first company.
In the data team at InDebted, we are developing machine learning models, BI insights dashboards and other data driven approaches to accelerate our disruption of the traditional debt collection industry. By utilising the rich datasets we have accumulated from communicating with our customers via digital-first channels and other innovations, we are able to efficiently deliver significantly better collections performance compared to our peers. Be part of this exciting journey as a data scientist working with our data analysts, data engineers and product managers to build cutting-edge machine learning models. We are starting from scratch in a number of the projects we are implementing; you will be able to see the impact of your work right away.
You will utilise your data science skills to add new features to our Feature Store, build and tune ML models, deploy models to production using AWS SageMaker, monitor model inputs and predictions and communicate the results to the team and stakeholders.
Data Tech Stack: SQL, Python, Tableau, Postgres, Snowflake, Go, AWS, Sagemaker, S3, Glue, Athena, GitHub
- Work closely with key stakeholders to understand business questions and execute data science projects that deliver business solutions
- Add new features to our Feature Store to be used in the ML models
- Own the end-to-end data science pipeline including scoping, preparation, building, testing, implementation, maintenance, tracking and optimisation of predictive models
- Develop and maintain state of the art advanced statistical and machine learning models to improve customer experience, optimise collections and generate business value
- Engage with business partners and engineers to ensure models are delivered and implemented into production
- Interpret modelling results in a business context to provide business focussed recommendations
- 1+ years of experience as a Data Scientist
- Strong analytical skills and good attention to detail
- Strong SQL and Python programming skills
- Hands-on experience with advanced machine learning methods (such as GLM, Random Forests, GBM, XGBoost, GNN, etc.)
- Experience with Regression, Time Series, Binary and Multiclass classification and Clustering
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services (or similar cloud server)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to understand and explain complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Tertiary qualification in relevant discipline (Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science)
Bonus Points for
- Exposure to high growth technology businesses
- An understanding of the performance and value drivers of technology businesses.
- Experience with BI tools, preferably Tableau
- Experience with Causal Inference, Anomaly Detection, Reinforcement Learning and NLP
Where will this role be based?
InDebted is a remote-first company. Work from anywhere you like, as long as you have a good internet connection and at least a 6-hour overlap with business hours in the Australian Eastern Standard Time Zone (UTC+10 during AU Winter and UTC+11 during AU Summer).
Diversity and Inclusion
At InDebted, we respect and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics, and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to build better products and a better overall company. InDebted is an Equal Opportunity Employer.