Head Of Engineering
Automio is a super passionate, pioneering legal tech and education company based in New Plymouth, New Zealand.
Our mission is to help 1 million lawyers build their dream law firm so together we will revolutionise the legal industry.
We are creating a world where lawyers love their work, clients love their lawyers and lawyers love collaborating with each other. We will do this with our juicy 1-click automation software and world-class training programme, Scale Up.
We are ready to build our new SaaS product, having completed the planning, requirements and design stages, and we now need a team to get it built!
That’s where you come in. We are looking for a Head of Engineering to help create our awesome new product. This is an opportunity to be part of building a product from the start, being a part of key decisions in the software’s development. We have an idea of our architecture, which will be based around React, but there are still lots of things to figure out!
While we are based in New Plymouth and would love to have you here, the role has the flexibility to be run remotely from anywhere in New Zealand.
Our Core Values:
- Juicy - everything we design and create is dripping with goodness.
- Connected - we are true to ourselves and feel close to our stakeholders.
- Fierce - we are renegades who always find a way.
- Free - we each have the power to think, say and do what we believe is right.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of software products.
- Establishing and leading an internal delivery team, including managing the transition from our outsourcing partner to an internal team.
- Working with the Head of Product and other internal and external stakeholders to ensure their requirements for the product are met.
- Communicating development progress to stakeholders so that timeline and scope expectations are clear in both directions.
- Ensuring technical quality in the delivered product including appropriate use of development languages and frameworks, architectural patterns, and technical practices.
- Facilitating the establishment of appropriate hosting environments and technical operations/support processes.
- Collaborating with development and design parties to share learnings and produce a remarkable product
- Ensuring engineering and design teams (internal and external) have all the required tools to deliver a world class product:
- Contributing in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Produce high quality, well designed, testable and efficient code using best practices according to specifications and within appropriate deadlines.
- Write unit tests to maintain stability and identify malfunctions during the development lifecycle.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting.
- Create and maintain a high level of technical documentation according to company standards.
- Process day to day support requests and assign or address as needed.
- Prioritize and assign development tasks based on complexity, customer needs, and roadmap.
- Work within the team to remove any hurdles preventing progress.
And when you can, keeping your hand in by doing some coding!
Who you are:
- You have proven experience as a Head of Engineering, Tech/Team Lead, or are a very experienced developer looking to step up.
- Understanding of functional design patterns.
- An ability to perform well and thrive in a fast-paced environment, adapt to change and rapidly master diverse languages, technologies and techniques.
- You prioritise leadership and the enablement of your team, but you still want to get your hands dirty by building software.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Speaks and writes clearly and articulately
- Has a knack for thinking and developing in a future-proof manner
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive remuneration.
- 4 day work week (with full-time pay).
- Flexible hours and some remote work possible.
- Creative team fizzing with energy and innovative ideas.
- Collaborative digital workspaces. P* art of a legal industry revolution!
Automio is committed to honouring diversity on our team, in our clientele and within our community. We value and respect all types of diversity including, but not limited to, ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion and abilities. We believe that a diverse workplace makes our business stronger. We especially invite diverse candidates to apply.
Auckland, New Zealand