InDebted is changing the way organisations recover outstanding accounts by combining human values with compelling messaging and data-driven decisions. We do this to deliver on our mission to be the preferred choice of customers to support their debt free journey, everywhere.
We are a fast-growing startup that believes in putting our customers first, tackling tough problems head-on, and simply trusting our employees to get stuff done. We offer a four day work week, flexible schedules, unlimited paid leave, competitive salaries, stock options, and other perks that come with being a remote-first company.
Our main architectural styles are Serverless and Event Sourcing with a strong emphasis on automated testing and continuous improvement. Our main language is Go and we use the AWS Go SDK extensively with Lambda, Aurora Postgres, Dynamo, SQS and SNS.
The two main frameworks in our stack are Terraform for the foundational infrastructure and the Serverless Framework for resources tightly coupled with AWS Lambdas such as API Gateway endpoints and Lambda specific IAM roles for the principle of least privilege.
- Own end-to-end software development of product features from ideation and implementation to automated testing and deployment
- Embrace “you build it, you run it” with ownership of the development, staging and production environments across the entire infrastructure
- Learn complex domain concepts and new technologies in a short amount of time to achieve a deep understanding of the product strategy and system architecture
- Leverage a wide range of services within the AWS ecosystem and additional cloud partners, maximising software development productivity to enable the business to focus on building our core intellectual property
- Advocate for software engineering best practices to increase our technical bar on software design patterns, maintainability, developer experience, data privacy, security, resilience, scalability, governance and compliance
- 5+ years of experience developing highly scalable, resilient applications
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals, software best practices, automated testing, networking protocols and distributed systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to understand and explain complex concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Well-versed in multiple programming languages and paradigms, preferably in two or more of Go, Rust, Python, Java, Kotlin, Scala, Clojure, Erlang and Haskell
Where will this role be based?
InDebted is a remote-first company. Work from anywhere you like, as long as you have a good internet connection and at least a 4-hour overlap with Australian Eastern Standard Time (UTC+10) during business hours.
Diversity and Inclusion
At InDebted, we respect and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics, and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to build better products and a better overall company. InDebted is an Equal Opportunity Employer.