Automio is a super passionate, pioneering legal tech and education company based in New Plymouth, New Zealand.
Our mission is to help 1 million lawyers build their dream law firm so together we will revolutionise the legal industry.
We are creating a world where lawyers love their work, clients love their lawyers and lawyers love collaborating with each other. We will do this with our juicy 1-click automation software and world-class training programme, Scale Up.
We are about to start building our game changing new SaaS product. The vision is set, the learnings from earlier versions have been incorporated, we’ve talked to lots of customers and now it’s time to start creating some software!
That’s where you come in. We are looking for a designer to help us turn the vision into reality. This is an opportunity to be part of building a product from an early stage, fine-tuning our product design and amping up the juiciness!
While we’re based in the wonderful city of New Plymouth, we’re happy for you to work from home or wherever you need to be. We’re flexible on hours too - what’s important is that the right stuff gets done. Oh, and we only work four days a week with full time pay!
Our core values:
- Juicy - everything we design and create is dripping with goodness.
- Connected - we are true to ourselves and feel close to our people.
- Fierce - we are renegades who always find a way.
- Free - we each have the power to think, say and do what we believe is right.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with our product manager to understand the needs of users and customers. This includes user research and testing, understanding our business strategy and identifying problems and opportunities with our software.
- Designing high quality user experiences that create the user, customer and business outcomes we’re looking for.
- Designing pixel-perfect user interfaces that follow our UI design language.
- Participating in experiments to evaluate suggested product changes.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the software functions as expected.
- Working closely with developers as part of our highly agile delivery team.
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation according to company expectations.
- Working within the team to remove any hurdles preventing progress.
Who you are:
- You have proven experience undertaking user research and testing. You need to be empathetic and curious, but also understand how to ask the right questions AND ask the questions right!
- You have a history of designing awesome digital experiences and interfaces - we’re not looking for a particular number of years experience, but we do expect that you’ll have worked on several different products.
- You’re comfortable working in an agile environment and can balance your desire to design holistic experiences with the need to break work down into small units for efficient delivery.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, can adapt to change and rapidly master diverse tools and techniques.
- Your communication skills, both verbal and written, are excellent.
- You’re happy with this being a full-time position (albeit four days a week).
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive remuneration
- 4 day work week - this means you work Monday to Thursday, and we pay you to have Friday off!
- Flexible hours and remote work possible
- Career prospects with the potential to grow into another role at Automio
- Creative team fizzing with energy and innovative ideas
- Collaborative digital workspaces
- Part of a legal industry revolution!
**Automio is committed to honouring diversity on our team, in our clientele and within our community. We value and respect all types of diversity including, but not limited to, ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion and abilities. We believe that a diverse workplace makes our business stronger. We especially invite diverse candidates to apply. **
Auckland, New Zealand